Child Empowerment Group therapy aims to provide our clients with
1) the validation that they are not alone. Oftentimes, children experiencing a traumatic event may feel alone and isolated. They often feel that they are the only ones who have experienced such an event. Our group promotes a sense of unity among the children and adolescents to validate that they are not alone in their struggles.
2) Child Empowerment Group therapy hopes to promote an environment of learning from each other. Clients will learn new ways of addressing problems in their life that have been created or maintained by their traumatic event. By being in a group, clients will be exposed to other perspectives on your problems that they may have never considered.
3) Clients will also experience what it feels like to give back to others. Support and empathic responses will be encouraged between the members of our group. Clients will also benefit from the social support that is established at our group.
4) Part of the group offers giving back to the community where our group clients are empowered to learn and heal from their event while then providing support to the community and other members that might be in need of their support
5) The group offers life skills training to teens since traumatic events often derail children and their families from learning the skills to allow them to be most successful, productive, and satisfied in their adult life.
6) In addition, clients can benefit from the experience of others who have lived with symptoms of their traumatic event for a longer period of time or who have recovered from the effects of trauma. Further, just by being in a group, clients can learn some better ways of interacting or relating with others.